Work Location(s): Independence, MO, US
The Referral Coordinator 1 schedules and pre-registers patients for exams and procedures with specialists and providers outside of the primary care physician’s office. The Referral Coordinator 1 performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on routine and patterned assignments.
The Referral Coordinator 1 gathers and communicates all relative information and preparation instructions to patient and referring providers. Decisions are limited to defined parameters around work expectations, quality standards, priorities and timing, and works under close supervision and/or within established policies/practices and guidelines with minimal opportunity for deviation.
- High School Diploma
- 2 years of hands-on healthcare experience in a clinical setting, preferably within the Medicare population
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient with medical terminology
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent professional communication abilities, at all levels within the organization and with patients, at all times
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of the company's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Knowledge of ICD 10 and CPT coding
- Referral experience
- Medical Assistant or Professional State Certifications related to healthcare
Please note that this requisition is a pipeline for our RN Care Coach role. We appreciate your application and will review your information as openings become available in this space. Locations may vary between Gladstone, Raytown, Grandview, Independence and Midtown depending upon our needs.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact email@example.com to validate the request.