Healthcare isn’t just about health anymore. It’s about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It’s about living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care, a division of Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. At Partners in Primary Care, we’re seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
The Front Office Specialist contributes to administration of care management. Provides non-clinical support to the assessment and evaluation of members’ needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Front Office Specialist performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on routine and patterned assignments.
The Front Office Specialist decisions are limited to defined parameters around work expectations, quality standards, priorities and timing, and works under close supervision and/or within established policies/practices and guidelines with minimal opportunity for deviation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual English and Spanish without limitations to read, write, and speak in both languages
- One year experience in a patient-facing or customer facing position within a medical office or healthcare setting
- Familiarity with care and well-being resources, or ability to research and obtain information
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Demonstrated excellent patient or customer service and communication skills
- Professional demeanor and communication at all times
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of the company's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Associate's Degree
- Experience with EMR's
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with Geriatrics
- Knowledge of Managed care and Medicare
- Microsoft Access proficiency
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will read to a set of interview questions and you will enter/text responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 10 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours