Work Location(s): Orlando, FL, US
The Medical Assistant 4 is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care. The Medical Assistant 4 assumes ownership and leads advanced and highly specialized administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment.
The Medical Assistant 4 performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses. Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. Decisions are regarding the daily priorities for an administrative work group and/or external vendors including coordinating work activities and monitoring progress towards schedules/goals, and often oversees work of others and/or is the primary administrative owner of a main process, program, product or technology. Works within broad guidelines with little oversight.
Medical Assistant 4 requirements:
- Required Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Active Medical Assistant for 5+yrs, with Certificate as a Certified Medical Assistant/CMA or as a Registered Medical Assistant/RMA
- 1-5 years of leadership experience
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records.
- Knowledge of usage of medical equipment such as EKG, PFT, Nebulizer, Holter, etc.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and interpret medical coding and medical documents.
- Ability to be collaborative and effectively communicate with patient.
- Ability to have strong sense of urgency and use judgment to respond to emergencies.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to be flexible and open regarding changes Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Have a reliable vehicle for transportation to travel to multiple locations as needed
- Experience in a fast pace/high volume environment
- Experience with MS Outlook
- Advanced Computer knowledge
- CPR certification
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Previous Phlebotomy experience
- Willingness to learn and be cross trained in other roles based on business need
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
This role requires clearance with the Agency for Health Care Administration, or A H C A. If selected for this role you will be required to complete a 2nd level background investigation, through a registration and fingerprinting process.
- Experience with HEDIS
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Bilingual English/Spanish- Must be able to speak, read, and write in both languages without limitations or assistance
- Minimum of 5 years' professional experience as a Medical Assistant in ‘back-office’ direct patient care
- Previous experience in a geriatric setting
- Interview Format:
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we may use an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first-round interview, you may receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice/Text interview. In this interview, you will listen/read a set of interview questions over your phone or computer and you will provide recorded/typed responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded/text interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to validate the request.