Healthcare isn’t just about health anymore. It’s about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It’s about living life fully. At Family Physicians Group (FPG), we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. At FPG, we’re seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our patients, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
As a senior-focused healthcare provider, and subsidiary of one the nation’s leading integrated health companies, Humana, we put the needs of seniors at the forefront of everything we do. Our multidisciplinary team goes above and beyond to make our centers a leading health and wellness destination for communities in key Medicare markets. Partners in Primary Care and FPG’s national primary care centers serve more than 30,000 Medicare Advantage patients in markets including Kansas City, North Carolina, South Carolina, Orlando and Houston.
This role will be located in one of our administrative offices in the Orlando area. Monday – Friday 8am-5pm, business casual, cubicle setting environment.
The Telephonic Triage Nurse performs care coordination and professional nursing functions to assess the severity of the patient’s health concerns. Protocols and processes are utilized in a manner that provides patient dispositions to telehealth or clinic provider appointments, urgent or emergent care, or other course of action as directed by the provider for specific patient health care needs.
A triage call is defined as a telephone encounter between a caller and a medical professional in which the medical professional makes decisions and recommendations utilizing set processes to give advice based on clinical judgment. Such advice involves prioritization of patient’s needs, problems, crisis interventions, health education, counseling and identification of information resources or referrals. A telephonic encounter is generated in the EMR for each call and routed to the appropriate provider for further instruction or informational purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and responds to triage calls/ patient telephone calls requesting health care services
- Evaluates and assesses patient’s health care needs based on patient signs and symptoms utilizing established triage protocols and guidelines
- Determines urgency of seeing the patient based on brief assessment and a patient’s condition and history review in the EMR
- Obtains input and direction from the provider as needed to determine best clinical course of action.
- Prioritizes work tasks and services and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate, clear and concise documentation
- Routes all notes to provider for further instruction and follow up
- Coordinates and schedules same day appointments on provider schedules
- Provides patient education regarding disease processes, therapies and healthful behavior
- Refills patient medications when needed according to protocol
- Communicates appropriately and tactfully with staff, patients, significant others, caregivers, and community.
- Maintains patient satisfaction through timely response to calls.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required Qualifications
- Current State of Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 3 years of direct patient care, preferably in an outpatient setting
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within the role and scope
- Ability to use a variety of electronic information applications/software programs including electronic medical records
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent keyboard and web navigation skills
- Associates working in the State of Florida will need ACHA Level II Background clearance
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Preferred Qualifications
- 3-5 years of in home assessment and care coordination experience
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Previous managed care experience
- Bilingual — English, Spanish
- Certification in Case Management
Motivational Interviewing Certification and/or knowledge
Scheduled Weekly Hours