Work Location(s): Seneca, SC, US
The Primary Care Physician (PCP) works as a lead in our team-based care environment. We are a value based care provider focused on quality of care for the patients we serve. Our care team consists of Doctors, Advanced Practice Professionals, Pharm D, Care Coach Nurses, Medical Assistants, Behavioral Health Specialists, Quality Based Coders, Referral Coordinators and more. Our approach allows us to provide an unmatched experience for seniors. Our model is positioned to provide higher quality care and better outcomes for seniors by providing a concierge experience, multidisciplinary services, coordinated care supported by analytics and tools, and deep community relationships. This support allows our Primary Care Physicians to see fewer patients and spend more time with those they do.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with standards of care.
- Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but not limited to specialty referrals, hospital and SNF coordination, durable medical equipment and home health care.
- Acts as an active participant and key source of medical expertise with the care team through daily huddles.
- Helps Regional Medical Director and Center Administrator in setting a tone of cooperation in practice by displaying a professional and approachable demeanor.
- Completes all medical record documentation in a timely manner working with a quality- based coder to optimize coding specificity.
- Follows policy and protocol defined by Clinical Leadership.
- Meets with RMD about quality of care, review of outcome data, policy, procedure and records issues.
- Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in the local primary care “on-call” program of Partners in Primary Care as needed.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification, and accrediting bodies.
- Spend 100% of your time clinically focused on direct patient care, inclusive of patient facing time and general administrative time (charting, meetings, etc.) as it relates to direct patient care.
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction and ability to maintain licensure
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Board Certification in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine with continued certification throughout employment
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Partners in Primary's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal, demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications with colleagues/patients; fully engaged in the concept of “Integrated team based care”.
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value based care setting.
- Superior patient/customer service.
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR.
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a value based relationship environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact email@example.com to validate the request.
If you are a California resident and would like to review our California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Policy click here: