Healthcare isn’t just about health anymore. It’s about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It’s about living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care, a division of Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. At Partners in Primary Care, we’re seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
The Medical Assistant is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care. The Medical Assistant performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Medical Assistant performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses. Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. Decisions are typically focused on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
We need you! Do you have a strong desire to help serve our senior population as we adjust to the current health care environment in our community?
Partners in Primary care is a senior-focused primary care clinic organization with 9 local clinics across the Houston region. Our culture is focused on team work and providing a positive and welcoming environment for all. As we continue to expand our Primary Care Healthcare Service we anticipate a need to hire temporary/PRN, variable staffing to cover front office needs in our clinics.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Bilingual English and Spanish without limitations to read, write, and speak in both languages
- Active Medical Assistant Certificate as a Certified Medical Assistant/CMA or as a Registered Medical Assistant/RMA
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Basic Computer knowledge
- CPR certification
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and be cross trained in other roles based on business need
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records software
- Active Medical Assistant Certification or Registration from the following: American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association, American Registry of Medical Assistants, National Association for Health Professionals, and/or American Medical Technologist
- Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish – fluent to speak, read, and write in both languages without limitations or assistance
Hours: Training will require two weeks at 40 hours/per week; Monday through Friday; 8-5pm. Guarantee of a minimum of 8 hours each week after training. Hours may vary between 8-40 hours per week at homebased clinic and the flexibility to Float to other clinic locations is expected depended on business needs.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire Text interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone or computer and you will text your responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours