CenterWell Senior Primary Care and Conviva, subsidiaries of Humana Inc., are primary care medical group practices with centers open or opening in Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. CenterWell and Conviva have a strong emphasis on senior-focused primary care for members of Medicare Advantage health plans and are committed to providing personalized, high-quality primary care combined with an excellent patient experience. CenterWell and Conviva have experience in both the treatment and management of most chronic and acute-care conditions. The practices also provide health education and value-added, well-being services at the centers and around their neighborhoods to help both patients and community members improve their health.
At CenterWell and Conviva we want to help those in the communities we serve, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates in becoming happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. Our culture is focused on teamwork and providing a positive and welcoming environment for all.
We are seeking RN Care Coach/Primary Care Case Managers at various clinic sites throughout the US including Florida (statewide), Louisiana (statewide), San Antonio and Houston, Texas, Upstate S. Carolina, Atlanta, GA, Kansas City, MO/KS, and Las Vegas, NV.
The Care Coach assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Care Coach employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through use of assessment, data, conversations with member, and active care planning. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Active RN license in the state of employment (without restrictions), and ability to obtain other state RN License/s as needed
- 2 or more years of relevant experience within chronic disease management
- Experience working with the geriatric population
- Experience within acute inpatient care
- Experience with Cardiac and pulmonary, Home Health and/or Hospice patients
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Detail oriented and adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have valid Drivers license
- Strong emotional intelligence , self-motivator and communication skills to work with all levels of the community
- Strong team player with the ability to evolve patient awareness
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- This role requires clearance with the Agency for Health Care Administration, or A H C A. If selected for this role you will be required to complete a 2nd level background investigation, through a registration and fingerprinting process.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Case Management Certification (CCM)
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experienced with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
- Knowledge/Experience with HEDIS
Scheduled Weekly Hours