CenterWell Senior Primary Care, a subsidiary of Humana Inc., is the new brand for a primary care medical group practice with centers open or opening in Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. CenterWell Senior Primary Care has a strong emphasis on senior-focused primary care for members of Medicare Advantage health plans and is committed to providing personalized, high-quality primary care combined with an excellent patient experience. CenterWell Senior Primary Care has experience in both the treatment and management of most chronic and acute-care conditions. The practices also provide health education and value-added, well-being services at the centers and around their neighborhoods to help both patients and community members improve their health.
At CenterWell Senior Primary Care, we want to help those in the communities we serve, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates in becoming happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associate fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. Our culture is focused on teamwork and providing a positive and welcoming environment for all.
The Telephonic Triage Nurse performs care coordination and professional nursing functions to assess the severity of the patient’s health concerns. Protocols and processes are utilized in a manner that provides patient dispositions to telehealth or clinic provider appointments, urgent or emergent care, or other course of action as directed by the provider for specific patient health care needs. The role is call center based.
A triage call is defined as a telephone encounter between a caller and a medical professional in which the medical professional makes decisions and recommendations utilizing set processes to give advice based on clinical judgment. Such advice involves prioritization of patient’s needs, problems, crisis interventions, health education, counseling and identification of information resources or referrals. A telephonic encounter is generated in the EMR for each call and routed to the appropriate provider for further instruction or informational purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and responds to triage calls/ patient telephone calls requesting health care services
- Evaluates and assesses patient’s health care needs based on patient signs and symptoms utilizing established triage protocols and guidelines
- Determines urgency of patient appointment based on brief assessment and a patient’s condition and history review in the EMR
- Obtains input and direction from the provider as needed to determine best clinical course of action.
- Prioritizes work tasks and services and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate, clear and concise documentation
- Routes all notes to provider for further instruction and follow up
- Coordinates and schedules same day appointments on provider schedules
- Provides patient education regarding disease processes, therapies and healthful behavior
- Communicates appropriately and tactfully with staff, patients, significant others, caregivers, and community.
- Maintains patient satisfaction through timely response to calls.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Current State of Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 3 years of direct patient care, preferably in an outpatient setting
- Capacity to function independently within the licensed scope of practice
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated clinical competence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Bilingual English-Spanish
Scheduled Weekly Hours