CenterWell Senior Primary Care, a subsidiary of Humana Inc., is the new brand for a primary care medical group practice with centers open or opening in Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. CenterWell Senior Primary Care has a strong emphasis on senior-focused primary care for members of Medicare Advantage health plans and is committed to providing personalized, high-quality primary care combined with an excellent patient experience. CenterWell Senior Primary Care has experience in both the treatment and management of most chronic and acute-care conditions. The practices also provide health education and value-added, well-being services at the centers and around their neighborhoods to help both patients and community members improve their health.
At CenterWell Senior Primary Care, we want to help those in the communities we serve, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates in becoming happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associate fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. Our culture is focused on teamwork and providing a positive and welcoming environment for all.
The Care Coach assesses and evaluates member’s needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Care Coach employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through use of assessment, data, conversations with member, and active care planning. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Active RN license in the state of employment (without restrictions), and ability to obtain other state RN License/s as needed
- Bilingual, English/Spanish with the capability to read and speak Spanish without any assistance, please note a Language Assessment maybe required in the interview process
- 2 or more years of relevant experience within chronic disease management
- Experience working with the geriatric population
- Experience within acute inpatient care
- Experience with Cardiac and pulmonary, Home Health and/or Hospice patients
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Detail oriented and adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have valid Drivers license
- Strong emotional intelligence , self motivator and communication skills to work with all levels of the community
- Strong team player with the ability to evolve patient awareness
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Case Management Certification (CCM)
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experienced with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
- Knowledge/Experience with HEDIS
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will read to a set of interview questions and you will enter/text responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 10 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours