- The Primary Care Physician (PCP) working in coordination with the other members of the Care Team and under direction of the Center Medical Director (CMD) shall deliver the highest quality healthcare in a population health environment.Â The PCP will carry a panel of patients and is subject to the standards of care adopted by the Physician Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Partners in Primary Care.Â As a member of Care Team, the PCP interacts and consults with other team members as it pertains to center activities and best practices in patient care.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification, and accrediting bodies.
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with standards of care.
- Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Completes all medical record documentation appropriately after each patient encounter or prior to end of shift.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Follows policy and protocol defined by VP Medical, Medical Advisory Committee and Chief Medical Officer.
- Meets with CMD about quality of care, policy, procedure and records issues and to develop best practice medical and process management protocols.
- Meets with CMD to review outcome data, quality management metrics and other metrics, and assure proficiency in the policies, procedures and care protocols in accordance with PiPC population health model.
- Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in the local primary care â€śon-callâ€ť program of Partners in Primary Care and Physician Association.
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but not limited to specialty referrals, hospital and SNF coordination, durable medical equipment and home health care.
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Prefer Internal Medicine specialty
- Board Certification in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine
- ACLS Certified preferred
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience
JOB RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Ability to â€śput patients firstâ€ť and enjoys treating patients.
- Superior patient/customer service and â€śbed side mannerâ€ť skills.
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a value based relationship environment.
- Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor at all times both external and internal clients.
- Agrees with, supports and commits to Partners in Primary Careâ€™s core practice standards and Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to display high degree of inspiration for team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
- Maintain licensure and skills.
- Maintain board certification.