MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification, and accrediting bodies.
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with standards of care.
- Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Completes all medical record documentation appropriately after each patient encounter or prior to end of shift.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Follows policy and protocol defined by VP Medical, Medical Advisory Committee and Chief Medical Officer.
- Meets with CMD about quality of care, policy, procedure and records issues and to develop best practice medical and process management protocols.
- Meets with CMD to review outcome data, quality management metrics and other metrics, and assure proficiency in the policies, procedures and care protocols in accordance with PiPC population health model.
- Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in the local primary care â€śon-callâ€ť program of Partners in Primary Care and Physician Association.
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but not limited to specialty referrals, hospital and SNF coordination, durable medical equipment and home health care.
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Prefer Internal Medicine specialty
- Board Certification in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine
- ACLS Certified preferred
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience
JOB RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Ability to â€śput patients firstâ€ť and enjoys treating patients.
- Superior patient/customer service and â€śbed side mannerâ€ť skills.
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a value based relationship environment.
- Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor at all times both external and internal clients.
- Agrees with, supports and commits to Partners in Primary Careâ€™s core practice standards and Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to display high degree of inspiration for team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
- Maintain licensure and skills.
- Maintain board certification.